Mount Kenya Environmental Conservation is a Non governmental organization registered and working here in Kenya. The organization works with community members to restore degraded forest lands , agroforestry techniques on farms, school greening programmes , water catchment areas rehabilitation and livelihoods improvement.
The organization currently works in Embu and Tharaka Nithi counties and its main objectives includes;
- Rehabilitation of degraded forest lands through tree planting activities; Currently the organization has planted 50,000 tree seedlings inside mount Kenya forest.
- Undertaking agroforestry techniques trainings with community members to help them improve their livelihoods
- Planting beneficial trees on farm for fuelwood, timber, posts, soil improvement, fruits and fodder leaves. Already the organization has planted 20,000 tree seedlings with community members.
- Water catchment areas and waterlines rehabilitation through tree planting.
- Greening schools through planting trees on school compounds with kids.
- Environmental conservation awareness with community members living near forest reserves.